Business Activity Statements
BAS Due Dates:
- 1st Quarter: 28 October 2016
- 2nd Quarter: 28 February 2017
- 3rd Quarter: 28 April 2017
- 4th Quarter: 28 July 2017
BAS Due Soon?
Penalties from the ATO may apply!
Local, Professional, knowledgeable, Competitive, Flexible.
Pay as you go. No hidden fees.
We believe in providing quality services at reasonable prices as we understand what it’s like to start a new adventure in business. Brookvale Bookkeeping serves new and existing businesses in the Brookvale area and beyond. We are here to streamline your accounts, paperwork and statutory obligations.
As a business grows, taking on more sales, administration, and staff there is usually a premium on your time. And that is usually when the problems start. So what is likely to happen if you ignore your Bookkeeping?
1. Not claiming all the claimable expenses – Chances are you may not be claiming all your expenses. This over a period of time can cost you a lot of money in increased taxes.
2. Not having valid tax invoices – Believe it or not but having a tax invoice is not good enough. Under the GST Act there are very specific rules on when you claim GST and what evidence you need to claim GST.
3. Claiming for private expenses – If an expense is partially private then only the business part is a tax deduction and you can claim GST only on the business part.
4. Incorrectly Claiming GST credits – In order for you to claim GST the supplier has to be GST registered.
5. Letting debtors fall to far behind – Not focusing on the numbers will mean you cannot see how well you are doing until problems start arising.
6. Paying incorrect super – Some employees are due Superannuation, others are not.
7. Missing ATO deadlines – It can become quite easy to miss a couple of BAS forms and payment to the ATO and this can lead to big penalties.
Utilising the services of Brookvale Bookkeeping helps to make sure that your bookkeeping is not only up to date but ensures that the lack of bookkeeping does not hold and damage your business.
Some of the Brookvale Bookkeeping Services include:
• Data entry.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Accounts Receivable including raising and sending sales invoices, statements, debtor reports and contacting overdue customers.
• Accounts Payable including payable reports, creditor payments and following up credits and refunds.
• Raising reports profit and loss, balance sheet and trial balance.
• General record keeping and filing.
• Payroll services.
• Preparation and/or lodgment of your Business Activity Statements, Instalment Activity Statements or Employee Payment Summaries
• Processing employees’ superannuation obligations including Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions
• Correspondence with the Australian Taxation Office on your behalf in relation to a BAS Provision
• Software installation such as Xero or MYOB and setting up tax codes in your Chart of Accounts. This includes training of how to apply the tax codes when using the software.
• Coding of transactions in relation to GST and entering this information in to your chosen accounting software
Call us today for a free consultation: 1800 733 497